Automatically forms, fills, and seals suppositories in aluminum or plastic cavities
Key International is proud to be the North American distributor and service provider for the Sarong line of suppository packaging equipment. The SAAS 15-AP is a sturdy, high precision made machine designed to achieve a high production rate, low noise levels, safe and hygienic performances. The machine is equipped with a PLC and a PC from which all machine functions are controlled and monitored. The SAAS 9-AP has outputs of up to 30,000 suppositories/hour.
- Optimized operation system which allows no waste during the production process and in case of machine stop
- Forming station for aluminum foil (by punch and matrix system) or for plastic films (by thermoforming process), to produce perfect suppository cavities
- Bead (or linear) welding of the two films. Each cavity is sealed around the outline of the formed cavity to guarantee a perfect and uniform sealing and to allow an easy extraction of each suppository from the pack with the "peel-off" opening system
- The product is filled into the container by a volumetric filling pump whose nozzles fit inside the cavities. The filling volume is automatically set through the Man Machine Interface
- Cooling process for product solidification, available in two or four cooling stages; the continuous suppository band is fed through a spiral path where it is cooled by the flow of filtered air, on both sides, until the suppositories are perfectly solidified, in order to obtain the best shape and consistency
- The production of suppositories in a continuous band allows any number of suppositories per pack even if the machine is connected to any horizontal cartoner by means of the CT 1 link-up unit. The SAAS 15 AP can be equipped with systems for checking the splices on the film, the bar code, the presence of correct print on film, and, for plastic cavities, for detecting the micro-pores, the cavity filling level and the print registration on body cavity
- Output: up to 30,000 suppositories/hour
- Capacity of product tank: 80 lt. heated with double-jacketed electric immersion heater
- Max. diameter of packaging material reels: 490 mm
- Max. film width: 65 mm.
- Packaging materials:
- Duplex aluminum foil (ALU/PE)
- Triplex aluminum foil (PP/ALU/PE)
- Thickness: 70-100 microns
- PVC. PVC/PE, PVC/PVDC/PE and other thermoforming materials.
- Thickness: 100-150 micron